Ansmann Mad Rat Review and build
I’ve been flirting with the idea of driving a competition 2wd off road buggy so some time...
The contents of the box are all well bagged up. Most of the components are bagged with their supporting fitting hardware, but the bags are not labelled so it’s still best to sort out the parts and screws into little pots etc to make the building of the car as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- A set of Hex drivers for the kit screws.
- A small headed but long shafted Phillips head screwdriver
- A cross wrench (for fitting the wheels / slipper clutch)
- A Wire Cutter to cut the excess flashing of the plastics
Additionally if you are quite thorough you would also want:
- A File to ensure the parts move freely
- A 3mm Drill bit to ensure kingpins etc are free
So far I have raced the car 5 times. Still with all the std parts. The car has stood up well. The shocks are a little keen to pop the lid off in a roll which is a problem. Other than that I haven’t had any breakages, which is very good for a car which costs this little.